Getting a buzz off electricity

It looks dangerous, and sometimes it is: a cat gnawing on an electrical cord. Apparently the cat gets an actual buzz from doing this and may be able to chew entirely through a cord without harming herself. But the risk of severe shock is always there, plus she can burn her mouth or nose in the process. A cat who has experienced electrical shock may have dif´Čüculty breathing, her gums may appear blue and she may stare glassily. A vet is needed in this situation. If your cat is a chronic cord-chewer, try the squirt-gun method or the brand-name spray No.
Related Posts with Thumbnails