An antifreeze buzz

Automobile antifreeze, kind of a luminous green, doesn’t look or smell good to humans, but cats and dogs must find it appealing—if it is spilled on the ground they will readily drink it. The ethylene glycol in antifreeze will produce a state of drunkenness for several hours, and it can cause severe kidney damage. The cat will experience diarrhea and vomiting, then finally fall into a coma. A cat who drinks enough antifreeze may even die. Needless to say, if you have a cat and you spill antifreeze in your garage or driveway, clean up the spill immediately.
Related Posts with Thumbnails